THE BEST ELECTRICAL CONTACT PROTECTOR GEL ON THE MARKET.
Nyogel 760G is a high quality synthetic hydrocarbon gel specifically engineered for weather proofing and protecting electrical connections against corrosion and is suitable for use on all motor vehicles and marine vessels.
Electrical connectors are the physical interface between electrical equipment, wires, cables, and electrical circuits found in use throughout marine vessels and motor vehicles. Applications range from electrical connections in control panels to battery terminal and lamps holder contact protection. Without lubricant protection, contact metals can be extremely susceptible to corrosion, particularly in a damp environment. Often contact and connector corrosion can result in a loss of connectivity over time . NyoGel 760G very effectively seals electrical contacts from oxygen, moisture, aggressive gasses and other hostile elements. In applications where the connector is exposed to the elements, filling the connector housing with NyoGel 760G before mating is recommended as it provides an excellent back-up environmental seal. A thin film of this lubricant also significantly reduces the mating/insertion force of connector components by as much as 80 percent, this ensures solid connections and helps ensure efficient assembly.
Metal electrical contacts are subject to “fretting corrosion” — which is abrasion resulting from low amplitude vibration and micro repetitive motion caused by both thermal expansion, contraction and environmental vibration which is common on marine vessels. Repeatedly abraded metals tend to build up resistive oxidization which will over time result in an electrical open circuit. NyoGel 760G minimizes metal-to-metal abrasion and protects contact surfaces from the effects of fretting corrosion.
Nyogel 760G reduces the insertion forces required to mate multi-contact connectors and is extremely useful as an assembly aid. This is especially important when working with the larger multi-pin connectors especially when they have to be mated in hard to reach areas.
Nyogel 760G is compatible with all metals including gold and silver plated contacts.
The product does not degrade current/voltage levels across terminations or cause signal impedance; the product works seamlessly on both analogue and digital circuits.
Nyogel 760G includes a UV dye/tracer additive to aid visibility of the product when applied in thin layers. The product also contains a ‘copper de-activation component’ which combats and eliminates verdigris (green coating that builds up on copper surfaces when exposed to dampness).
Use Nyogel 760G for:-
- Electrical terminals, connectors and lamp holder contacts on both external and internal apparatus
- Mechanically crimped connectors
- Main battery terminals and connections
- Bayonet and Edison screw lamp connections
- Weatherproof and protect mast top connectors
- Battery contacts in portable hand held communication equipment
- Charging contacts and plug and socket type connectors
- VHF radio terminations and connectors
- Seal and protect Satellite dish LMB connections
- Helps prevent rust, vibration corrosion and the general build-up of surface oxides on all metal to metal components
- It can be used on pretty much everything electro/mechanical and all metal on metal surfaces on your boat.
- A good multipurpose anti corrosive grease lubricant.
Nyogel 760G will not harm or degrade communications signal, current or applied voltage, nor will it adversely affect any digital transmission of data passing through connectors.